Color Imaging Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 28, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200242182
The display visual experience team is looking for an enthusiastic imaging scientist to own the development of new solutions and technologies for future Apple products, from early inception to productization. This position will focus on improving front-of- screen performance of Apple displays including iPhone, iPad, Watch, Mac and more. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary areas of computer science, color science, image processing, vision science, and optics.
- Proven ability in algorithm development for imaging systems.
- Strong understanding of color science, image processing, and computer vision.
- Knowledge of metrology, perceptual modeling, data science, and machine learning.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
- Strong communication skills for working with cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Develop next generation computational display calibration algorithms and imaging paths to enable best-in-class visual quality on display systems. - Explore the application of computational display through modeling, simulations, psychophysical experiments, machine learning, and prototypes. - Ensure products continue to deliver the highest image quality. - Collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide strong leadership and expertise for supporting existing and initiating new projects. - Be able to chip in to and lead technology development and productization.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. (preferred) in computer science, color science, image science, EE or equivalent.