Apple TV Services - Software Data Engineer
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200242491
What happens when the world's most innovative engineers collaborate with the world's most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more - including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they've engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible.
- 5+ years of programming experience, preferably in Java, Scala.
- Proficiency in data processing using technologies like Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, or Map/Reduce
- Expertise in Hadoop related technologies such as HDFS, Azkaban, Oozie, Impala, Hive, and Pig
- Proficiency with databases and SQL is required
- Expertise in developing big data pipelines using technologies like Kafka, Flume, or Storm
- Experience with large scale data warehousing, mining or analytic systems
- Ability to work with analysts to gather requirements and translate them into data engineering tasks
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
As a senior member of the Data Engineering team, you will have significant responsibility and influence in shaping its future direction. This role is inherently cross-functional and the ideal candidate will work across disciplines. We are looking for someone with a love for data and ability to iterate quickly on all stages of data pipeline. This position involves working on a small team to develop large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions using Big Data technologies. Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as, a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.