Engineering Manager, Apple Pay
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 29, 2021
Role Number: 200243446
At Apple, we build products that revolutionize entire industries. Apple Pay brought mobile payment to millions of customers, and it's just the beginning! The Wallet, Payments & Commerce (Apple Pay) organization is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our server development team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building teams and developing state-of-the-art services used by millions of users every day.
- Proven skills in building and motivating hard-working teams with an inherent passion to mentor and coach others
- Experience building scalable and distributed systems
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design with languages like Java
- Experience with web services
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Ability to simplify sophisticated problems
As an engineering manager on the Wallet, Payment, and Commerce team, you will be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and growing a new development team in Austin. Your communication skills will be vital as you interact with many diverse groups. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners like UX, iOS engineering, product, and EPMs to plan, scope, and develop future wallet, payment, and commerce services. Every day, you will work with passionate problem solvers, designing and building outstanding services for one of Apple's most innovative spaces.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will be part of building an extraordinary team. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.