Lab Operations Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Apr 29, 2021
Role Number: 200243723
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Apple's Silicon Validation Team drives validation, characterization and debug of Apple products. We are searching for an engineer to help drive uniform system and software configuration at scale across our vast multi-site lab network. You will be working with a dynamic team utilizing your knowledge and skills to help ensure the success across Apple products.
- Experience with configuration management tools (i.e., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby
- Knowledge of SSL certificates, secret management and distribution schemes
- Knowledge of system security methodologies SSH, PAM, Kerberos, LDAP
- Knowledge of instrumentation tools such as Prometheus, OSQuery desirable
As a lab operations engineer, you will drive and implement consistent host management methodology, including system and software configuration, remote access management and instrumentation across a large number of macOS hosts.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant work experience is required