AI/ML - Machine Learning Engineer, Information Intelligence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Apr 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200242811
Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The Siri Search & Knowledge teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri's universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- 5+ years of industry experience with large scale distributed systems
- Strong coding skills in Go, Java and/or Scala with experience in gRPC and Protocol Buffers.
- Strong background in computer science: algorithms and data structures.
- Experience designing and implementing architecture of large scale systems serving high traffic at low latency.
- Experience with AWS Services such as Amazon S3, EC2, EKS / Kubernetes and Key-Value Store systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work independently as well as in a team.
We design and build infrastructures to support features that empowers billions of Siri users. Our team processes trillions of links to find the best content to surface to users through search. We also analyze pages to extract critical features for indexing, ranking. We apply statistical analysis to improve link selection, freshness, retrieval rates, extraction quality, and many others. You'll have the opportunity to work with large scale systems with trillions of rows and many petabytes of data and incredible complexity.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field