Lead Software Engineer-Apple TV
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200242196
What happens when the world's most innovative engineers collaborate with the world's most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more - including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they've engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible.
- Be able to drive features and initiatives within our engineering team, and with the many other teams we work with in the broader engineering organization at Apple. Coordinate with Business, Product and Design, and be able to successfully manage these features through to launch.
- As a senior engineering leader, you will be as comfortable doing code reviews as you will be presenting to our executive teams.
- You should feel comfortable managing these initiatives with partners who may or may not have the same scheduling or priority alignments as us.
- Experience delivering longer term roadmaps and strategies across many impacted teams.
- Experience shipping products at scale to consumers.
- Care and attention to the customer experience.
- Helping to lead this team requires a proactive collaborative attitude to be successful and a background in management would be helpful in this role.
- Professional experience with Node.JS and or C++ or similar languages.
- Experience with Video/Audio and encryption models is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Apple Media Application engineering team is looking for a senior technical leader to help conceive, investigate and drive features and technologies for the Apple TV Everywhere team. We enable consumers to watch Apple TV content across a broad range of exciting devices to over 100 different countries and in over 30 languages. -As part of the team, you will be taking part in the development of our various applications across many 3rd party platforms. We expect the interview process to reflect your technical coding skills as well as your ability to talk through complex projects from your work history. -You should have experience of project management including triaging and daily driving of bugs and bug counts to meet schedules. -You will also be working alongside our partners in Business Development, Product and Design to align across visions for the product. -Research new areas of development to improve, and extend the reach of the Application through cross functional collaboration for major feature work. -Evaluate product functionality, design, performance, and user experience.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS/CE or equivalent work experience.