Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
- Define and lead small to medium size projects that will enable the manufacturing plants to achieve goals in safety, quality, service, productivity, and capability. The scope of these projects may extend across multiple locations globally.
- Develop, standardize, implement, maintain, and govern end to end manufacturing processes (raw material to finished goods) across all RA manufacturing plants.
- Select project team members from both within and external to primary working location and lead their efforts to achieve project goals.
- Support justification for capital requests to further expand
- Identify opportunities to extend best practices in manufacturing to all plants.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, to a broad audience of varying technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Have an active presence and level of participation in both the central office and the local plant environments.
- Collaborate with others from within and outside of the Operations group to achieve common objectives and identify new opportunities.
- Responds to manufacturing / system level problems by investigating and resolving such problems to assure a continuing flow of production.
- Uses personal computer to obtain, organize, and analyze data using a variety of software.
- Propose and learn novel and game changing software and hardware solutions that increase productivity in all OES plants.
- Audit and improve production routings, assembly aids, labor standards for shop floor and MRP system control to drive further quality and productivity improvements.
- Determines the need for, establishes and maintains manufacturing standards, visualization standards, data standards, and engineering product or process specifications.
- Keeps abrest of new technologies (both data and machine related) by reviewing trade articles, attending user groups or forums, and attending trade shows.
- Formulates manufacturing systems and floor plans using data based decisions to show measurable improvements in both throughput and waste reduction.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems with electronic, electromechanical equipment, IT, product and systems.
- Actively supports corporate productivity / continuous improvement goals by suggesting and implementing ideas / projects as assigned.
- Proposes functional scripts to other members of OES IT that will be used to generate data streams for further analysis (SQL, Oracle, Java).
- Proposes, designs, and builds example control networks that will be used to generate data for further analysis.
- Provides leadership to coordinate and implement product, process and manufacturing location changes to support overall business goals and objectives.
- Manage projects efficiently with accountability for results. Ensure all partners for successful implementation are managed and coordinated to completion of project.
- "Leans in" to difficult situations that put the engineer outside of their comfort zone in terms of knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrates fortitude and resilience when proposing and implementing changes that may cut across many established standards.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required: BS in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering desirable.
- 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Some travel is required (10-15%); possibly international
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Power user level use of Excel, PowerBI, and/or other data analysis software
- Experience with Project Management and Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Rockwell Automation Studio5000, Rockwell Automation RSLinx, PTC ThingWorx
- Basic Ethernet networking design theory and terminology.
- Basic functional block programming, electrical circuits, and signals knowledge.
- Ability to execute transactions in an Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably SAP.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).