Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for a full-time tenure track Instruction position in the HVAR department within the Technical Education and Workforce Development division. The successful applicant will have primary responsibility for teaching HVAR classes on the East St. Louis campus. The appointment is intended for the 2021 Summer semester, with a start date of June 1st, 2021. This is a grant funded position to support a new HVAR program on the ESL campus funded by a Workforce Equity grant.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, the successful applicant will serve as an instructor in the HVAR program with coursework offered throughout the district. The incumbent will be responsible for the organization, development and overall effectiveness of the courses assigned, as well as responsibility for assisting the program coordinator and Dean with maintaining the Instructional shops and labs. As an instructor, the incumbent will teach courses found in the program areas, in both the traditional and computerized environment.
1. A minimum of an Associate's degree, earned from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, in a professionally related area is preferred.
2. A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience related to the HVAR field.
3. EPA Refrigerant Handling Universal Certification required.
4. A minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in technical education curriculum development and teaching is preferred.
5. Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers, applicable software, and Internet is required.
6. Shall meet the minimum standards of instruction established by the Administration and Board of Trustees.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
The salary is determined by placement on the base salary schedule. For example, the minimum 2018-2019 starting salary at Step 1 on the Below Master's Degree column is $46,599. Optional overload and summer teaching assignments may also be available which may increase the annual compensation by up to 30%. The College offers a comprehensive flexible benefit program.