Location: 2111-Murreys Disposal
Shop Foreman - $2500 BONUS
We have an immediate position open for a Shop Foreman to help lead our team and work on our fleet of trucks at Murrey's Disposal in Fife, WA. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. At least 1 year of leadership experience and doing maintenance on diesel trucks is preferred. This is a working mechanic and leadership role.
Schedule for this position is Monday - Friday from 5AM-2PM.
$1500 SIGN ON BONUS + $1000 TOOL REFRESH BONUS
- Lead a team of VCR and PM Mechanics on the 1st and 2nd shift.
- Performs VCR repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services and repairs
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Test drive trucks after services and repairs
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand service schedule and/or repairs
- Available to help mechanic with repairs as needed
- Equipment safety checks
- Communicate with drivers to resolve issues with equipment
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Ensure a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
Qualified candidate must have:
- 3+ years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair or completion of accredited vocational technical school.
- 1+ years experience in leading a shop team.
- Basic tool set, tool box and proper personal safety equipment as required
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn test diagnostic laptop and software
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- Class B CDL Preferred
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)