The Residential Trainer oversees the training program for Residential Staff. This position is responsible for the instruction of houseparents in order for them to successfully meet the responsibilities of their roles. The Trainer provides oversight to and implements the training curriculum. This position requires working a majority of evening and weekend hours. This is an exempt, year-round position.
* Supports and models the Catholic Mission and the Native American Culture that are the foundations of St. Joseph's Indian School.
* Empowers Residential Staff to be able to promote a reclaiming environment for the students through the Circle of Courage.
1. Implements the training curriculum for Residential Staff - both current employees and new staff.
2. Provides oversight to a comprehensive, multimodal training program and curriculums that adheres to all standards set forth by the Council on Accreditation. In addition, meets the learning styles/needs of staff, facilitate hands-on learning and training experiences.
3. Accurately evaluates and records staff achievement and progress through written evaluations and quarterly observations - reporting same to Residential Administration.
4. Exercises discretion and appropriate judgment to be a positive role model for youth and fellow staff members at all times and in all aspects of programming.
5. Develop cohesive relationship with other trainer(s) and collaborate with all Residential Administration.
6. Works with Residential Administration in assessing and fulfilling the training needs of all Residential Staff, while maintaining a high level of compliance with SJIS policies, procedures and accreditation standards.
7. Serves as a member of the residential On Call Team which includes evening and weekend on-call rotations.
8. Assists Residential Administration with New Staff and All Staff Orientation including facilitation of identified curriculums - Crisis Prevention Intervention, Life Space Crisis Intervention, etc.
9. Coordinates and supervises break homes with the assistance of the Residential Administration. Provides assistance with break transportation and supervision.
10. Displays dependability, flexibility and availability when faced with change and a willingness to assist staff members or programs as needed or requested by supervisor.
11. Completes other duties as required by the assigned Residential Director.
* BA preferred
Residential experience required
Ability to become accredited in relevant Child Care certifications
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be comfortable with public presentations
* Must possess strong verbal skills
* Should be a self-motivated team player
* Should display an energetic and enthusiastic personality
* Needs to be able to demonstrate a general understanding of Native American culture
* Must be able to communicate the mission of St. Joseph's Indian School
* Must possess strong computer skills
* Tuesday through Saturday with a minimum of three evenings a week until bedtime
* On call rotation increases need for evening and weekend hours
* Year-round position
* Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods
* Stands for extended periods of time
Contact Karla at 605.234.3410 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the ''apply'' button).
Visit us at sjiskids.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer