Assistant Coach Women's Basketball
Assistant Volleyball Coach
Ohio Wesleyan University invites applications for the position of Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach. This is an eleven-month full-time benefitted position. The Assistant Coach is responsible for supporting the Head Coach in all phases of Women’s Volleyball program. The Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach will provide support to the head coach focused in the areas of recruiting, scouting and developing and executing social media content. The Assistant will be responsible for involvement in current and future leadership program. administrative assistance and on-court coaching. Additional duties will include but not limited to skill development, academic advising, mentoring, home game management duties, organizing team travel including team meals on the road, one on one and group instruction, summer camps/clinics, equipment inventories, developing alumni contacts, as well as a secondary assignment within the department.
It is also expected that the Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach embrace the department mission of supporting the academic mission of the university, developing student-athletes as contributors to the greater community, creating opportunities for competitive success, leading student-athletes to understand what it is like to be part of something greater than oneself. A secondary assignment in the athletic department will be required as well as other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous successful coaching experience
- Familiarity in recruiting collegiate student-athletes
- Articulated commitment to the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior and to adhering to all rules and regulations of Ohio Wesleyan University, the North Coast Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
- Effective written communication skills
- Student-centered focus
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire)
- Master’s degree
- Ability to articulate the role that athletics plays in a rigorous academic collegiate setting and the importance of academic endeavors of student athletes
- Successful coaching experience at the college or university level
- Successful recruiting experience at the college or university level, with ability to identify and attract outstanding students and players
- Experience exhibiting the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior and adhering to all rules and regulations of Ohio Wesleyan University, the North Coast Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
- Effective oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Experience advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and supporting students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to actively foster a respectful, positive environment that welcomes all persons.
- An appreciation for and willingness to engage with the mission and aims of OWU.
Ohio Wesleyan University