Purpose and Scope
The Office Administrator is responsible for the ongoing operation of the college executive office and must exercise independent judgment, initiative, and the highest degree of discretion. This position reports to the President at ENMU-Ruidoso and assists in implementing initiatives from that office.
Involves a leadership role such as directing of managers and staff to complete assignments related to implementing initiatives from the office of the President. This may include students, staff, managers, or other individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assists President in college planning and research supporting current and future operations and projects.
- Assists the President in the operation of the office, addressing issues and potential problems, maintaining strict confidentiality, demonstrating proactive initiative, and performing related duties as required.
- Directs the planning and scheduling of Community College Board meetings, including management of agendas, minutes, reports, and other documents.
- Maintains Policy and Procedure Manual within the office of the President.
- Maintains budget records for the President Office.
- Manages logistical and operational issues and resources for the office.
- Must have knowledge on how to conduct research, and know-how to compile and synthesize data for statistical reports.
- Serves as the college liaison to community and greets visitors and dignitaries.
- Assists with the President’s calendar, schedules and coordinates meetings, arranges for high level visits to the campus, greets the public, and promotes a positive image of the institution.
- Provides planning and scheduling for travel of the President and other Executive Administration staff for in-state and out-of-state travel.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Answers and screens President's telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings as needed.
- Responsible for any assigned special projects related to implementing initiatives from the office of the President.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Bachelors degree and two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex and sensitive information and functions with a high degree of discretion, along with experience working largely unsupervised and being entrusted with making and/or communicating important decisions.
- Must possess computer skills and be proficient in all usage of office equipment, computer support applications including database management systems and video conferencing systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Commitment to providing a high level of service and working in a team environment.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required.
- Experience working in a comprehensive community college environment.
- Experience with Banner or other higher education institutional software systems.
- Experience in a multi-campus or multi-college system.