(Nashville Zoo area)
Two first (7 AM - 3:30 pm) shift openings at Fabrication plant in the Grassmere Industrial Park, using hand and machine tools: to prepare raw materials (grind, hammer, saw) for Machining & Welding Depts., and completion tasks (clean, deburr, polish) prior to Final Assembly; offering prevailing shop rates, weekly pay, and paid holidays to start.
To polish and grind metal items after all other machining operations are complete and meet the established rates of production.
- Polish and/or grind metal forgings by holding parts against grinding wheel, wire brush or belt sander to bring forging to finished appearance.
- Applies abrasive compound, wax, or other dressing to facilitate polishing operation.
- Perform necessary replacement and balancing of polishing wheels and belts and performs necessary adjustments of tension.
- Completes the appropriate routing sheet and inputs data entry information in a timely manner.
- Must be able to frequently lift 40 pounds and move up to 100 pounds.
- Must have close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus on work.
- Employees will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes or airborne particles, high noise levels, and vibration to hands.
- Employees will be required to wear hearing protection, safety glasses and foot protection.
If interested, click to apply now!!!