Metrology System Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: May 3, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200243547
The Hardware Test Engineering (HWTE) team works side by side with the Design team and other cross-functional teams to develop Apple products such as the iPhone, iPad, iMac, Watch, and MacBook. We want to hire the best metrology scientist with a deep engineering mind, who will play a critical role in HWTE in test system architecture, and metrology technique development. Consumer electronics product development is fast pace driven by the product lifetime, we work on a lot of new technologies and innovate in metrology and test field. If you are a strong engineer with a desire to be part of the team to think different and invent different, this is the right job for you.
- Key Qualifications
- Experience with C, Java, C#, or Python
- Experience developing Computer Vision algorithms, or image processing
- Knowledge of Optical Display Technologies, such as LCD, OLED, microLED
- Experience with hardware test systems
- Preferred qualification
- Experience plotting and processing data in JMP/MATLAB/Python
- Experience data mining large data sets
- Experience with developing metrology test system for consumer electronics preferred
- Mac OS X experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; clear technical communications with teammates, self-motivated and very responsible
- Strong leadership and problem-solving ability
- Positive outlook and eagerness to step into uncharted technology space and work hard to deliver solutions in a timely fashion
The Display Calibration & Instrumentation Group is looking for an engineer directly responsible for the design of instrumentation systems for Display panel calibration and testing. This engineer will work closely with the other design engineering group to ensure the success of current and future Apple products. He or she will be part of the team not only be responsible for spec setting, design verification and down selection, metrology development for Display and other products, but also responsible for building test systems for volume production that will be implemented in Apple's global massive production systems.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline required, and M.S. or Ph.D. preferred. 5+ year industrial experience preferred, and for a well-achieved candidate with fewer years of experience will be considered
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs! We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success! You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.