Engineering Project Manager (EPM) - Surface Finishing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: May 3, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200244118
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a project manager in surface finishing or related field.
- Relevant experience in leading projects using a wide variety of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, consistent follow-through, and the ability to remain focused on strategic goals while leading day-to-day project activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with highly cosmetic consumer electronics devices preferred
- Proficiency in Mandarin or Japanese is helpful
- Experience in a multinational organization working on cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of working across diverse, highly technical organizations
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 30%)
Join a dynamic team of Subject Matter Experts specializing in the color, material, and finish of Apple products. Get immersed in anodizing, plating, and other coating and surface finishing technologies. The EPM will be involved in creating Apple products from initial concept to mass production. The EPM, Engineering Program manager, is responsible for planning, managing, and presenting project status to the cross functional and leadership teams. Our EPM keep the teams in sync and projects on track by managing technical, quality, and/or schedule risk assessments, enabling the team to focus on the top level goals. A successful candidate will understand the technical details and communicate them accurately to the functional teams, executives, and suppliers. They will be able to lead multiple concurrent projects, keep calm and focused during difficult situations, be process oriented, and remain flexible & adaptable to the fast pace of mass production.
Provide project management for several concurrent surface finishing projects
Collaborate with technical teams to define, plan, track, and communicate both long term and short term project goals, schedules, risks, and status
Communicate project status updates to all partners, including executive management, cross functional teams, and vendors/suppliers
Collaborate and connect with Apple operations, engineering, and design teams, as well as external vendors & suppliers, to meet schedule, quality, cost and production goals
Build and own an efficient communication and feedback processes between Apple teams and with external vendors/suppliers
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree in engineering, management, or business. Master degree is a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.