ROSS ISLAND SAND & GRAVEL CO.
Dredge Project Administrator
Ross Island Sand & Gravel Co. is seeking qualified applicants with business or engineering qualifications for our Dredging business. Ross Island Sand & Gravel Co. performs dredging and marine construction on waterways, lakes, channels, and bays throughout the United States West Coast. Projects typically last two - five 5 months at a project site and remaining time is spent working in the Portland, OR company headquarters.
Major job responsibilities include but are not limited to: Payroll Recordkeeping, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Project Accounting, and Project Related Recordkeeping.
The Project Administrator position provides room for immediate growth within the company. Interested applicants will enjoy traveling and working outside a typical office building atmosphere.
Necessary skills and experience include:
- Previous construction background desired, but not necessary.
- Strong Math, spelling and competent typing skills required.
- Good MS Excel and MS Word skills, as well as other basic computer skills required.
- Must have an interest in learning management aspects of the dredging and marine construction industry.
- Required ability to travel up and down the West Coast.
- Prefer Bachelor of Science degree in Business or Engineering fields, but not necessary.
- Must be reliable and a self-starter.
Ross Island Sand & Gravel Co. offers a Competitive Salary based on experience and good benefits including health insurance, 401K plan, and paid vacation. Applicants must also pass a background check and employment drug screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ross Island Sand & Gravel Co. is an essential employer and we are open during COVID 19. We maintain an established safety protocol so we can have a safe and healthy environment for all employees and applicants.