Administrative Assistant South Bend, Indiana Entry to Mid-Level
The Michiana Area Council of Governments is seeking an innovative and motivated professional to fill a full-time Administrative Assistant position. This position will be responsible for completing tasks and projects related to keeping the MACOG office running efficiently. The Administrative Assistant will demonstrate aptitude in Microsoft Office products, organizational skills, and have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills. Excellent spelling and proofreading skills. Extra consideration if Bilingual in Spanish/English. Must be a critical thinker with problem solving attributes. Requires a calm and friendly telephone etiquette, transcribing and minute taking, other general secretarial, office, and organizational abilities.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Engages in effective team participation through willingness to assist and support co-workers, supervisors, and other work related-associations.
· Contributes to a positive, respectful and productive work atmosphere.
· Greeting and directing visitors to the office; ensuring guests are comfortable and are connected to the correct MACOG staff person.
· Manage schedules for conference and meeting spaces
· Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, faxes, mail, and
· Requesting and scheduling repairs for office space and equipment
· Filing, basic accounting or bookkeeping; prepare letters, memos, and reports
· Monitor the shared e-mail inbox and assign as necessary
· Compose correspondence on a wide variety of subjects
· Format and review documents for accuracy
· Assist with data collection, data entry, and basic analysis activities of monthly reports
· Inventory and order office and break room supplies
· Assist with creating, printing, and preparing material such as agendas and minutes
? High School Diploma or GED required (some college preferred).
? Experience in a professional office setting is desirable, but not required.
? The candidate must have a high level of motivation and self-direction, ability to set goals and prioritize completing tasks.
? Ability to work independently and to partner effectively with colleagues.
? Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Send a resume, letter of interest, and the names and contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Administrative Assistant. The letter of interest should address the applicant’s qualifications, interest and ability to fulfill the duties of this job. For more information, visit the MACOG website at www.macog.com.