The Assistant Lead will work with the site Materials Manager and department Lead to help manage warehouse operations and logistics for the site. You will assist in supporting the warehouse management of all finished goods inventory, raw materials, inventory accuracy and inventory controls processes during shift operations. You will help the lead to drive overall productivity, package quality, accuracy and integrity expectations are consistently meet by warehouse associates during the receiving, packing, loading, and shipping process for internal and external customers in a safe manner.
· Follows and helps administer safety, environmental and regulatory guidelines, and rules; uses required safety equipment. Helps to ensure quality and cleanliness of work areas based on warehouse checklist and equipment.
· With guidance from supervisor oversees that all orders for any given day are complete & shipped.
· Coordinates the unloading and put away of raw material deliveries.
· Ensures the business is in compliance with all local, state, and federal DOT regulations.
· Helps with supervision of warehousing functions such, shipping, finished goods warehousing, load staging, truck loading etc.
· Aids in the use and maintenance of electronic scanning systems. Ensures that all equipment is accounted for daily.
· Review and resolve shipping errors and develop strategies to minimize them.
· When needed may direct, job assignment, monitor attendance, ensure performance goals are being met and provide input for corrective actions.
· Perform 5s audits
· Facilitate training on standard work instructions (SWI)
· Perform daily warehouse floor management techniques such as line walks, stand up meetings, 5S audits, production walks, and shift handover communications.
· Prepares shipping paperwork for outbound loads.
· Completes relevant SAP transactions for receiving and shipping activities.
· Assist in problem solving and troubleshoot issues as they occur.
· High school graduate or GED
· A demonstrated ability in leadership skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ensures plant management is notified of any employee conduct requiring corrective or disciplinary action.
· Ability to work in a team environment and able to be cross-functional
· Assist Shift Lead to plan, schedule and maintain accountability for the completion of all tasks within the work unit and assigns roles for task completion accordingly.
· Use of electronic data and information systems as required.
· Ability to train and coach team on appropriate methods regarding work processes, safety, etc.
· Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction
· Ability to work safely and follow SOP’s.
· Ability to use company software and computer system.
· Must be willing to work assigned shift, plus overtime and weekends as business needs require.
· Must be able to drive a forklift and trailer jockey.
· Must be able to wear a respirator.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Experience offloading and loading large vehicles with chemicals a plus
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we’ve been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.