The Senior Leave Management Specialist will be responsible for administering our leave, disability, act as the liaison for our workers compensation programs and take part in various process improvements of these plans to ensure a well-coordinated and empathetic employee experience. The position will also assist in managing our wellness vendor and communicating to our employee’s wellness events and requirements as outlined in our plans.
- Manage the short and long term leave administration programs and continually provide opportunities to improve our processes.
- Act as the liaison between our leave vendor, Human Resources team members and various management team members throughout our business.
- Review reports and vendor website to identify employee STD claims, Family Medical Leaves (FMLA), Leave of Absences (LOA) and Return to Work (RTW) records and update in Human Resource system for employees.
- Report appropriate benefit payment to our payroll team and leave vendor for employees on STD, WC and LTD claims.
- Create and update communications such as leave summaries, training and process documents as required.
- Manage the vendor performance, track issues and provide summary of vendor’s performance for year-end measurement.
- Research the State Paid Sick leave rules and work with vendor to ensure we are in compliance.
- Manage and implement the annual enrollment process for employees on STD and LTD.
Required Knowledge & Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of disability claims and leave management experience
- Must have experience partnering with a leave vendor through the full leave life cycle
- Experience handling worker’s compensation claims and parenting with all stakeholders, preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience partnering with field managers and Human Resources team members
- Extraordinary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to identify and act on area needing process improvement
- Must possess an astounding ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we’ve been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.