Delivers high quality and effective paging, cellular, spectralink and smart-phone services to all AAMC customers and all facilities of the Anne Arundel Health System including staff, physicians, patients and administrative personnel. Provides level 1 technical support for end users of pagers, cell, blackberries and smart phones. Must have excellent troubleshooting skills, ability to triage customers' issues, document said issue and resolve or escalate to level 2/3 support and follow up with customer to insure closure and a positive customer experience. Maintains all billing and answering service databases for the Tele-Health Call Center. Assists with monthly Physician Answering Service billing and provides billing information to finance and clients as requested. Acts as first point of contact between departments, hospital staff, Physician practices and administration as requested to resolve problems or implement new offerings related to cellular, paging and answering service/billing services. Is cross trained in communications operator services and other departmental duties as required.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides cost effective, high quality paging and cellular services, which ensures prompt, reliable transmission and consistently meets the needs of the users with 24/7 accountability.
- Establishes and maintains adherence to standards of quality service for cellular & paging service products.
- Develops reports and maintains all records related to above service lines as well as all Physician Answering Service billing and accounting records.
- Proactively pursues opportunities to provide superior customer service and to exploit new technologies for operations and system improvements. Works closely with vendors to maintain service contracts, repairs, replacement and service with cellular & paging service and equipment suppliers.
- Works closely with IS Help Desk as needed.
- Works collaboratively with physicians to continually improve answering service and physician referral services.
- Assures monthly audits of telecommunications billing activities and maintains all accounts in an up-to-date status. Provides administrative oversight for business activities (billing, A/R follow-up, pager inventory, etc.) to ensure timely and accurate response.
- Works closely with Telecom manager on quality assurance and customer satisfaction to assure that end user needs are met and quality control is enhanced.
- Participates in telecommunications-related planning meetings to support cost and operational efficiency relative to ongoing construction projects, emergency operations and other specialized projects as required.
- Provides coverage for main switchboard, physician referrals, and other assigned duties in order to meet the demands of the Telehealth Call Center and as assigned by the Telecommunications Manager.
- AA degree or related college level course work preferred. Directly related industry experience may be substituted.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), Excellent Customer Service Skills, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks. Ability to work individually or as a member of a team. Ability to work under pressure.
- Additional experience with any of the following highly desirable: Call Center ACD administration, call center billing management, Live Process or similar mass notification programming, SpectraLink or other wireless telephony, enterprise level voicemail systems administration including speech recognition / directory assistance and other unified messaging background.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.