Responsible for all phases of Materials Management Distribution activities including receiving, inventory control and supply distribution. Monitors and maintains nursing unit supply and par levels to ensure that the evolving needs of staff and patients are met and to ensure that all Materials Management services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Develops proper par levels for supplies, in collaboration with Nursing staff. Monitors these levels and makes appropriate changes when necessary. Processes issues, returns and credits.
- Conducts routine inventory and refills Par-X units and Clean Holding areas according to established schedule and participates in physical inventories.
- Checks sterilization expiration dates and rotates stock of med/surg supplies on a regular basis. Removes outdated supplies according to established procedure.
- Verifies accuracy of deliveries from the storeroom to the nursing floors; assures timely delivery to maintain consistent availability of supplies.
- Establishes daily contact with nursing staff to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with Materials Management.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Previous work experience as a Distribution Tech is preferred.
- Understanding of product and medical terminology as well as proficiency in the use of a Materials Management inventory control system a plus.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.