Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing Operations, the Agency Licensure & Employment Coordinator is responsible for independently coordinating, monitoring, reporting and maintaining the onboarding and licensure/certification compliance process of Agency staff. This role is responsible for maintaining the requisitions and recruitment of agency staff through interdisciplinary relationships with leaders from across the organization.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages the online agency requisition portal for postings, submissions, contract awards, and pertinent documents that the vendor portal may require.
- Verifies that all Agency new hires have obtained the required licensure/certifications based on position description, by ensuring accuracy of the primary source verification and maintains the agency candidate's employee file within Nursing Operations.
- Verifies licensure/certification renewals will be monitored via our agency vendors.
- Manages IS/system access, extension, and termination requests for all agency staff which includes maintain start and end contract dates as well as terminations.
- Collaborates and communicates directly with departmental leaders to ensure agency staff candidate submissions are handled timely, offers are made, and identify agency staffing needs after approval from Senior Leadership. Liaison with our agency contacts to maintain a collaborative relationship to meet our supplemental staffing needs.
This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties and other duties as assigned may fall under this role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Minimum Education. The minimum level of education for this position includes: HS Diploma/GED. College coursework preferred.
Required Minimum Experience: Three years office/administrative support work with increasing levels of responsibility, involving detailed, confidential and time sensitive tasks and responsibilities. Prior experience working with healthcare credentialing and/or compliance setting is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Maintain strict control over a variety of confidential information; ability to work independently and under pressure while demonstrating proper professional judgment in accordance with the rules/guidelines of acceptable business conduct and AAHS policies.
Demonstrated knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Software and other database applications to research, modify and organize relevant data into coherent, useful information.
Ability to collect, prioritize, record and/or manage information for multiple projects effectively within established timeframes.
Planning and Organizing
Ability to develop clear action plan that addresses the details needed to achieve objectives; defines resources and actions to achieve objectives within established timelines.
Situational Communication and Customer Service
Ability to listen and summarize conversations to ensure understanding; organize thoughts and respond appropriately.
Attention to Detail
Ability to ensure all details of situation/task are accurately handled in a timely fashion. Develops, and follows established systems, to keep tasks in order to accomplish.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.