Don’t miss this opportunity to join our Respiratory Department. Black River Memorial Hospital has an immediate opening for a Respiratory Therapist. This is a rotating shift, full-time position working 72 hours per pay period. The Respiratory Therapist plans and provides comprehensive patient care as well as manages available nursing resources and collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to provide quality, cost-effective patient care.
Essential Duties Include:
- Provides patient and family focused care throughout the patient’s stay.
- Evaluates patient assessments and responses to interventions and takes appropriate action according to established standards.
- Participates in patient and family education as evidenced by teaching documentation on appropriate forms.
- Initiates effective discharge and referral plans on admission utilizing appropriate hospital and community resources.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge with required competencies, including, but not limited to ventilators, BiPap/CPAP, and other respiratory modalities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Associates Degree or diploma in Respiratory Care preferred.
- RRT, or CRT with experience.
- BLS upon hire, ACLS within 1- year, PALS within 1-year and NRP certification within 3 months.
- Current licensed Wisconsin RCP.
Join our Journey to Excellence. For a full job description and to fill out an application, please click the links below and join the Black River Memorial Hospital team today!
To view a full job description, click HERE.
Qualified candidates may apply online HERE.