Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
We help the world work better and people work smarter. We are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
When you join our software engineering group, you become part of a team that believes in knowledge sharing and collaboration and that is committed to using reliable and well-thought-out engineering practices and technology to overcome any challenges.
We are looking for someone who will effectively leverage and learn from a diverse set of technical backgrounds and opinions by fostering a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty and respect. The ideal candidate will also identify and pursue career development and training opportunities.
The Product Owner role represents the customer to the software development team and works to maximize the value of the product the development team delivers. Product Owners work from the product road map focusing on refining high-value backlog items, defining acceptance criteria, and planning sprints with the development team.
What you will do
- Gather, manage, prioritize and make visible the product backlog or the prioritized list of requirements for future product development, including expressing the Product Backlogs items in a clear manner
- Ensure close collaboration with the development team, optimize their performance as well as of the value of their work
- Ordering items in the Product Backlog in such a manner so that it achieves the best goals and missions
- Ensure that the Development Team has the required level of understanding of the items listed in the Product Backlog and making sure that the Product Backlog is transparent and clear, showing the way how the Scrum Team will be working
- Be available to the development team to answer any questions team members have regarding the customer's view of how they're implementing a product feature
- Work from the product road map focusing on refining high-value backlog items, defining acceptance criteria, and planning sprints with the development team.
- Ensure user stories are "ready" for development to start work and that each story has the correct acceptance criteria
- Work closely with engineering and quality assurance to ensure the right customer problem is solved. This can involve sharing market research and competitive analysis with the team to best focus their efforts.
- Contribute to the work of the Product Manager as they define a product differentiation strategy and track progress towards the release of a product.
- May be involved on some or all of the following tasks:
- Create the product vision and roadmap which accomplishes the goal of the vision.
- Develops positioning for the product.
- Work with a cross-functional team in planning a product release.
- Develops personas either alone or in conjunction with a team including user experience experts.
- Define customer needs and the associated features to meet those needs.
- Advocates on behalf of the customer for the development team.
- Prioritizes defect or bug resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, knowledge of Agile frameworks and the ability to apply those frameworks.
- Work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management, Product Owner Certification is a plus.
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle.
- Technical background with knowledge of software development, web technologies, and operational processes.
- Demonstrated success in releasing products that meet and exceed business objectives.
- Excellent detailed written and verbal communication skills, possibly including some user interface documentation skills.
- Subject matter expertise in the particular product or market, specific industry or technical knowledge and how to develop solutions for this market.
- Excellent teamwork skills especially with people less skilled in communication.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
Who we are
We are a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we employ approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).