Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
The Production Control Analyst ensures that daily production requirements are met through analysis and reporting of production status. The position works with management team to ensure that deadlines and schedules are met and thereby preventing line stoppages/delays to maintain a high level of customer service. As an individual contributor, the production control analyst's primary functions include the following:
- Driving daily production efficiencies by releasing/sequencing the manufacturing orders related to specific product lines and/or assigned project work based on material/capacity availability and using the Differential Planning strategy specified in the materials planning playbook. (Rockwell Automation: A Guide for Materials Planning)
- Managing material availability by setting/monitoring SAP exceptions, actual component usage, and following-up with suppliers on parts and materials needed to support operations
- Responsibility for inventory levels related to specific product lines and/or assigned project work. Assist Central Material Analyst and Master Schedulers in problem-solving and executing appropriate countermeasures for deviations from planned inventory levels (MIN / MAX stocking violations)
- Working with the Central Material Analysts to review inventory planning parameters to establish/maintain appropriate customer service driven safety stock/reorder point levels for components and/or finished goods based on processes specified in the materials planning playbook. (Rockwell Automation: A Guide for Materials Planning)
- Working with the Master Schedulers and Manufacturing Engineers to thoroughly understand and advise on managing short term/long term capacities to minimize the cause for past due orders
- Creating, modifying, and maintaining realistic material, manufacturing and procurement strategies for new product introductions/phase out products to support the NPM (new product manufacturing) process.
- Working with the Master Scheduler to comprehend the monthly production of safety stock or targeted finished goods inventories
- Identifying trends and works with Central Material Analysts and Master Schedulers to proactively recommend safety stock levels based on the product lifecycle
- Updates plant SAP material records as required (lot size, safety stocks, reorder points, lead times, etc.)
- As necessary, follow-up with suppliers on component availability related issues/concerns to ensure shipment and on-time performance to support production requirements
of expediting is necessary:
1.Coordinate and / or arrange for premium shipments where necessary
2.Confirm and verbally communicate expected EDAs / ETAs of premium shipments to receiving location and / or P&IC Manager
3.Update SAP shipment information and appropriate comments, including anticipated date of receipt for expedited shipments, as required
- Coordinate and / or arrange for alternative sources of material, requests for spot buys, as necessary to support production
- Understands and ensures material availability for engineering changes and works closely with NPM to develop activities/processes that will lead to continually improving customer service, inventory, quality, and time-to-market measurements.
- Resolves routine and unusual production problems related to materials us
age and availability by pro-actively identifying problems and taking a lead in driving resolution.
- Applies knowledge and experience to recommend business processes improvements.
- Ability to learn and to increase and update knowledge and methods affecting area of responsibility.
- Monitor Customer service metrics and analyze performance gaps related to assigned product lines
- Adapts to change by identifying implications of change for Rockwell Automation and own job and adjusting as needed and working with others as appropriate to implement change initiatives.
- Takes accountability for meeting commitments and deadlines.
- Advanced project coordination - coordinate complex projects requiring new procedures and methods such as implementing a new system or process.
- Project leader - take a leadership role in projects and task forces, and provide technical support when analysis is required. This role would include being the leader in system design and implementation.
- Ability to work in an environment prone to deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to effectively make decisions with limited time and information -can determine decision making criteria based on priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Must be able to develop presentations, documentation, and training on complex subjects. Must be able to present the material to a variety of audiences.
- Provide clear and concise written communications.
- Know and use business metrics in order to evaluate and recommend actions required to achieve Inventory Objectives.
- Analyzes proposed changes in material planning, and assesses the impact on day-to-day activity.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality, and environmental), and functional policies on the Rockwell Automation Information Network. Trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- BA in Operations/Supply Chain/Business or equivalent knowledge.
- APICS (CPIM/CIRM/CSCP) certification preferred or completed within 24 months in position.
2-5 years experience in Production and Inventory Control, Operations, Purchasing, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in material control/production planning environment.
- Evidence of analytical aptitude.
- Advanced manufacturing systems/ planning knowledge - ERP experience. SAP system knowledge strongly preferred.
- Advanced PC user - Must be able to use software packages including; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).