Manage the day-to-day administrative support and organizational activities associated with the department. Act as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, and assist other members of the department in the prioritization and communication of multiple matters.
Performs professional administrative support to the department. Provides administrative support to ensure that work is performed in accordance with company policies and procedures, project schedules and annual budgets by completing and/or entering Purchase Orders, Change Orders, expense requisitions, and corporate compliance tracking entries. Professionally and effectively interacts with stakeholders. May handle special assignments and projects related to file/database management, commitment tracking, and similar administrative tasks. Reports to the director of Asset Maintenance on the status of administrative tasks, corporate compliance items, sustainability efforts and other deliverables as requested. Effectively manages all administrative responsibilities of the department with limited supervision.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships; communicate effectively with all employees by telephone, in written form, email and in person.
- Arrange, schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and business travel for department staff.
- Maintains a daily working relationship to provide administrative support to department members, contractors and project teams to ensure the successful performance of work in accordance with project plans, permits, and company requirements.
- Actively supports the company’s strategic initiatives in support of the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Represents VELCO in a professional and effective manner through internal and external stakeholder interactions, as well as interactions with landowners and public
- Assist Director of Asset maintenance with all local, State and Department of Transportation vehicle permits and regulations.
- Develop, maintain and support various databases as necessary. Assist and support others with utilization of databases. Use the VELCO Asset Management tools including inputting data and generating reports.
- Performs other related duties as requested
Education & Training
An Associate’s degree (or higher education) in a relevant field is required.
At least 1 year of experience in administrative support, utility work or other relevant experience. Knowledge of the utility industry is preferred. Willingness to obtain professional licenses/certifications and attend regular personal development opportunities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft suite.
- Must have working knowledge of and able to perform basic work tasks associated with database entry and management.
- Strong ability to learn, understand, and follow internal and external processes and procedures.
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, problem solving, and relationship building skills.
Other Physical/Mental Demands
Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk while working on a computer. Must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be able to pass VELCO’s background check and drug screening procedures.
If you are interested in applying please visit the careers page of www.VELCO.com and submit an application. VELCO is an equal opportunity employer