Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: May 28, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200251705
Apple is looking for a hardworking Display Technologist candidate who will be responsible for developing innovations to Apple's unique display technology features. As a Technologist in Display Investigation team, you will have a wide range of responsibilities in assessing, modeling, and designing technologies for use in Apple products. Candidates with strong problem-solving skills combined with deep interest in displays will be preferred. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should thrive in a multifaceted, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation.
- Deep knowledge in organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) or light emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Hands-on experience with electrical/optical characterization and simulation of optoelectronic devices
- Capability of using a generic programing language (such as Matlab or Python) to solve practical problems
- Capability to analyze large quantity data and draw meaningful/impactful conclusions
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work with partners across multiple functions
- Candidate with unique strength in one or more qualifications does not need to strictly meet all qualifications.
- Develop and assess new display technologies, across a range of Apple products and systems - Work with internal teams and external suppliers to characterize, model, and improve display performance - Analyze parametric data from development and production, to extract technical information for improving future products - Collaborate with cross-functional teams to incorporate novel display technology, and validate performance metrics during both development and production phases
Education & Experience
- PhD or MS degree in Physics, Optics, Material Science or Electrical Engineering, with > 3 years relevant experience.