GPU Advanced Content Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: May 27, 2021
Role Number: 200251946
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it!
- 5+ years proven experience at a game studio or simulation company
- Deep knowledge of modern and future graphics algorithms & rendering techniques
- Experienced using modern graphics APIs (Metal, Vulkan, DirectX 12, etc.)
- Hands on experience working with large 3D engines (UE4, Unity, Frostbite, etc.)
- Understanding of the full graphics SW stack from application, APIs, drivers, to compilers
- Understanding of GPU HW / Architecture for debugging & optimizing workloads
We are looking for a Platform Architecture Engineer to design and develop forward-looking graphics applications targeted at Apple's next generation of GPUs. These applications will be used to evaluate the architecture of Apple's design, and influence the direction of future enhancements. This role requires comprehensive knowledge of current and future rendering techniques, and the technical ability to implement them on various Apple platforms. You will work closely with hardware modeling architects to rapidly prototype new features and analyze their effectiveness. This role is an opportunity to inform strategic decisions used to enable the future of advanced graphics applications.
Education & Experience
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science