Engineering Program Manager- Apple Music
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: May 27, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200250558
This team is more than a group of engineers and dedicated Program Managers - it's a group of music lovers. That passion has made Apple Music the world's most complete music experience, with over 60 million songs, thousands of playlists, and daily selections from music experts for 115 countries. The team's data-driven Program Managers focus relentlessly on the customer experience by running worldwide experiments and analyzing usage and latency, while collaborating with Apple's product groups. As a result, someone can use the Shazam app to identify an intriguing song in a cafe in the morning, add it to their playlist from Apple Watch, listen to it through their AirPods on their commute, and share it with their family on HomePod at dinnertime. And there's more where that came from, because personalization powered by machine learning and music science helps listeners discover more of what they love. Apple Music is a big part of Apple's business because it's a big part of people's lives.
- 7+ years of technical program/project management experience in software development
- Passion for working on products related to Music across multiple platforms
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to balance multiple tasks in a constantly evolving environment
- An extraordinary communicator to all levels of the organization with a knack for encouraging positive relationships
- Naturally accountable, responsible and self-motivated.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements gathering, design reviews, cross-functional stakeholder meetings, reporting status and schedules).
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming experience
We are looking for an Engineering Program Manager to drive new customer-facing features in Apple Music. In this role you will: -- Drive & oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent projects & features, including scope, requirements, timelines, resource allocation & reporting -- Define functional requirements for features (often writing them yourself). --Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the AMP team -- Identify multiple projects that can be re-scoped against each other to maximize resources and time -- Own overall cross-functional schedules, which may impact multiple engineering teams, including client, server, tools, reporting and others. -- Collaborate with Product, Design, Editorial, Ops, Analytics, Legal, Privacy, QA and other organizations inside Apple to deliver features
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.