Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: May 27, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200251870
Imagine what you could do here! The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple's Applications team is looking for an upbeat, highly motivated Technical Writer to contribute to current and future apps.
- Understand and be able to document complex apps, including desktop, iOS, and web apps.
- Be familiar with documenting app interaction workflow and UI.
- Demonstrate an ability to write structured, detailed specs, and a talent for uncovering edge cases.
- Have excellent composition and grammar skills.
- Be an outstanding teammate - must be able to work with design, engineering, and business teams to capture information.
- Understand the software life cycle.
- Be able to manage documentation schedules, reviews, and approval process.
- Work with minimal direction toward predetermined goals, and be able to quickly become proficient with new tools and software.
- Independently anticipate and resolve problems in a fast-paced application development team environment.
- Love technical writing!
The Technical Writer will capture and document the following for use by engineering, QA, UI design, customer support, and external developers: - Detailed app specifications - Functional requirements - Technical reference materials - How-to documentation and tools PREFERRED: - 3+ years of technical writing experience with complex software apps, or a master's degree in Technical Communication.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required in English, Communication, Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Writing, or other related degree