Location: 6210-Clifton Park Main Yard
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER WITH A NATIONAL COMPANY
Clifton Park, New York
We operate with an extremely successful decentralized business model that empowers our Controllers to be strategic business partners with Operations.
We are searching for a high energy Assistant Controller in Clifton Park, NY. This would be a position designed to get you ready for a promotion to a District Controller role at one of other locations across the country.
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each designated operating location.
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast.
- Monthly completion of a three-month financial forecast.
- Rate analysis and review.
- Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts
- Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities.
- Assisting with quarterly Sarbanes Oxley compliance and review
- Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review.
- Special projects as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2 Years previous accounting experience preferred but recent grads are welcome to apply. Public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA and/or other professional certifications a huge plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)