Does your passion involve molding the minds of the next generation to give them the tools to succeed? Are you a natural problem solver who loves engaging with other minds about a new culture? We are currently seeking a full-time foreign language teacher who can effectively teach high school students Spanish. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with the proper credentials who is comfortable leading large classrooms and meeting with students one-on-one. You will be responsible for creating a safe environment for students so they feel relaxed getting out of their comfort zones. If you feel you’re a solid candidate, apply for this position today.
- Prepare lectures to deliver to high school students about basic principles of the Spanish language as well as information related to Spanish culture
- Develop course materials for students to complete in the classroom and in their free time, which includes handouts, essays and additional homework assignments
- Evaluate students’ performances, including grading homework assignments and making note of how well students participate in discussions
- Establish consistent office hours at least twice a week so students can meet with you outside standard school hours
- Participate in schoolwide activities, such as workshops and special events to recruit new students for the upcoming school year
- Act as an advisor for student clubs, which can entail the Spanish club, but could also extend to other organizations as you see fit
- Speak with students’ parents to inform them of their child’s progress in the classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers to develop school-wide policies and create an overall better learning environment
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a foreign language
- Certification to teach in the state
- Ability to lead a classroom
- Ability to make each student feel safe
- Prior experience teaching in a classroom
If interested, click "APPLY" today!