Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for all Information Technology projects, management, support, and maintenance for all City technology related systems and infrastructure. This includes the planning, management, and support of future and current Information Technology initiatives to support City requirements within established standards and guidelines. Activities include architecting and deploying of computer Server and Network infrastructure to ensure the availability, integrity, and security of City information. Other tasks also include establishing IT policies and strategies for risk management and operational procedures. The IT Manager is responsible for working with outside vendors and senior leadership to support City goals and initiatives. This position will provide supervision and training to Information Technology personnel. This employee is required to exercise initiative and independent judgment. Work is performed under the direction of the Public Safety Director.
100% - 1. Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop/laptop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
2. Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
3. Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
4. Participate in major and complex technology/departmental projects and perform problem diagnosis of the network and desktop environments as directed by IT Management.
5. Maintain an up-to-date computer inventory, including surplus equipment.
6. Assists in maintaining and resolving issues on LAN/WAN, VoIP telephone, Biometric, Video systems and other computing equipment.
7. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, biometric recognition systems, RMS, and administrative systems.
8. Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for computing environment.
9. Responsible for backups of data and break/fix issues on server hardware.
10. Performs other related duties as necessary and directed by the Public Safety Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - Extensive knowledge and experience with latest versions of the Windows operating system and Linux operating system. Knowledge and experience in various networking operating systems and network topology. Ability to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Ability to exchange information with supervisor, managers and co-workers clearly and concisely at both a technical and non-technical level. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to report accurate, timely facts and technical information. Must have reliable transportation.
Education and Experience - Four-year Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems or related field and a minimum of four-years’ work-related experience. In lieu of the college degree a minimum of ten years of relevant work experience in Server Administration, Network Administration and PC support is required.
2. Experience in the development and troubleshooting of Local and Wide Area network protocols, architecture and capabilities.
3. Significant experience in the implementation, deployment, and maintenance of Windows Server and Linux Server OS’s, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft/ Office 365, Line-of-business Application deployment, Bare-Metal and Virtualized Servers, PCs, Mobile Devices, Laptops, Printers, and Wireless Networking.
4. Must be willing and able to obtain Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) certification.
5. CompTIA A+ required within 6 months of hiring date. MCSA, CCNA, or similar certifications preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully meet the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to allow typing and writing.
- Sufficient visual acuity to read and comprehend departmental reports and documents.
- Sufficient auditory perception and speaking ability to answer telephones and direct calls.
- Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Click to apply today!