PIPEFITTING & HV MAINTENANCE
John Deere Harvester Works
East Moline, IL
- Installs, inspects, maintains and repairs all factory pipe systems, such as water, gas, oil, sewer, washroom, and toilet facilities.
- Installs, inspects, maintains and repairs and adjusts all types of heating, ventilating and refrigeration equipment, temperature and pressure controls.
Types of Machines, Tools and Equipment Used or Operated:
Pipe-fitter’s, steam-fitter’s, plumber’s tools, hand and power pipe cutters, bending and threading machines, ladders, testing equipment for pneumatic and electrical controls and small hand tools.
Work is not closely supervised. Employees must maintain a safe work environment. Details are dependent on duties assigned but in general consist of the following:
- Plans work sequence, inspects, tests, regulates and analyzes trouble.
- Makes minor repairs, such as replacing or repairing pulleys, belts, valves and traps on ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
- Installs, maintains and repairs control devices for caustic and oil quench cooling systems, water cooled tocco generators, tractor wash and gasoline withdrawal systems.
- Installs pumps, nozzles, valves, traps, gages, meters, regulators, filters.
- Regulates and maintains gas mixing inspirator, converting natural gas to BTU requirements.
- Lubricates and cleans equipment.
- Cleans work area and performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
- Installs pipe for hydraulic systems.
- Installs sprinkling systems and dry box valves and recharges fire extinguishers.
- Directs helpers, assists electricians in connection with above duties.
- Operates and maintains sewage disposal system.
- Works shifts (choice of shift based on seniority).
- 4 years industrial pipefitting experience
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.