Enterprise Reporter, Breaking News
This hybrid jobs puts you in the center of the action at the Asbury Park Press and the Jersey Shore. We are seeking an experienced reporter with a track record of digging deep into stories generated from breaking news. You'll work with some of the top journalists in the nation who have a host of national awards under their belts. We thrive on impact and cut out all the BS between you and the reader so you can deliver the high-impact stories our readers crave.
- Minimum one-year reporting experience with a digital news site
- Ability to write quickly and accurately with flair
- iPhone video editing skills
- Comfortable in front of the camera and during live broadcasts
- Good data and organizational skills
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Proven ability to self-manage in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use Excel, FOIA/public records
- A valid drivers license, reliable transportation and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
Serve as a curious, assertive and energetic journalist who jumps to report on breaking news knowing that there is a better story behind the daily events
The ability to report quickly and accurately from the field
Solid news judgment to go deeper and develop exclusive enterprise and investigative content.
Connect with your audience - through social media, in your writing and on camera.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. Put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
Your resume, plus a cover letter that outlines why you are the best candidate and how you would approach the job
Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what youve written, produced and demonstrate the skills we are seeking
Since our application only allows for one document upload, it is important that these items be assembled into a single
document, in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Gannett prides itself on diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. We warmly welcome applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ+, veterans and all diverse communities.