Wireless MAC Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: May 28, 2021
Role Number: 200252047
Come join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team. Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development. With a particular emphasis on highly energy-efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture, and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. If you enjoy a fast-paced and challenging environment and collaborating with people across different functional areas as well as thriving during crisis times, we encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years of shown experience in wireless SoC, MAC or PHY design engineering.
- Strong digital design fundamentals, including knowledge of digital design flows such as RTL simulation, synthesis, STA, LEC and low-power design flows
- Understanding of ASIC test methodologies, including DFT, scan insertion, memory BIST, and others.
- Understanding of ASIC low power design techniques, e.g. multiple supply domains configuration and management, dynamic power/clock scaling and power analysis.
- Familiarity with power estimation (vector-less and vector-based), modeling, profiling, and post silicon power correlation.
- Proven understanding of wireless standards, such as IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience leading design teams.
- Excellent communications skills - both written and oral.
- Partnering with the SoC, BT and PHY digital design teams to integration the WiFi MAC IP into the bigger SoC. - Work with the SW and FW engineering teams to do HW/SW partitioning and digital architecture of the MAC. - Work with physical design, DFT, Power and CAD teams to complete and deliver completed IP for SoC integration. - Drive pre-silicon prototyping / emulation efforts in support of pre-silicon verification, prototyping, and SW / FW development. - Support post-silicon validation, system integration and debug efforts and attend to any required silicon design revisions.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and Engineering