Engineering Project Manager - Product Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: May 28, 2021
Role Number: 200250298
Apple is looking for a highly motivated Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to join the Apple's Special Projects Group. You will be responsible for leading the design, development, integration and manufacturing of complex systems. This includes creating development plans, progressing through design phases, proof of concept demonstration, system architecture & integration, verification & validation, and optimization for scalability. To be successful in the role, it will be critical to work with cross-functional engineering and project management teams, from design studio to product design and HW engineering, as well as with external suppliers to help the team achieve the program goals. An ideal candidate would be comfortable with ambiguity and excited to develop, drive and ship ground breaking new technologies and products.
- 5+ years of technical program or project management experience.
- Detailed understanding of, and experience with all phases of product development processes
- Experience working internal and external partners / suppliers to achieve goals on aggressive timelines.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong engineering / technical background
Drives project development of groundbreaking ideas; defining scope of work, schedule, and budget. Identifies and prioritizes project tasks and risks. Understands and able to communicate complex, technical, engineering issues. Able to collaborate and communicate with design studio and drive development and validation of engineering requirements and specifications. Coordinates technical design reviews; communicating project status and top engineering issues to project team and management. Helps define HW development processes and test strategies for projects. Coordinates design process to ensure design meets intended project goals. Drives suppliers / vendors, integrating their deliverables and schedules into projects.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Engineering.