AirPlay Certification QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: May 28, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200251346
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Connected Media Team is looking for a creative, organized and hardworking Certification Test and QA Engineer with experience working with consumer AV equipment who can join the team responsible for certification of Apple's AirPlay Video, AirPlay Audio, and AirPrint technologies on 3rd-Party products. The ideal candidate will have experience verifying specification compliance, communication with 3rd-Party engineering teams, and demonstrated expertise isolating hard-to-diagnose bugs.
- 2+ years of Software Testing / QA experience working with Audio, Video or other Consumer Electronics
- Experience testing iOS and/or MacOS SW systems
- Experience crafting new test cases and improving existing test cases
This role will include creation and execution of Certification test plans of 3rd-Party HW/SW solutions that integrate closely with Apple's AirPlay Audio technology, while occasionally assisting with some of the other technologies we support. Job responsibilities will include: validation of vendor certification program results, OS updates, bug investigations, and the ongoing development of test tools. This role involves writing and supervising high quality bug reports, reporting on project progress, documentation, and risk analysis. You will be able to adapt to changing tasks ranging from test-lab focused QA to configuration setup and hard-to-reproduce bug investigations. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving, testing, and interpersonal skills who can deliver in a fast-paced environment. You can work well in isolation and with teammates spread around the world.
Education & Experience
B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Desired but not required:
- Experience working in QA verification roles, certification programs, and vendor relationships
- Experience working with iOS, Mac OS, Unix, Xcode.
- Familiarity with existing Apple streaming technologies e.g AirPrint and AirPlay
- 2+ years experience in automation driven testing environment.
- Knowledge of Swift/C/Objective-C/C++, shell scripting, Perl, Python is desirable.