PO Box 1630
Silverthorne, CO 80498
This position will drive revenue growth by implementing strategies for donor acquisition, retention, and cultivation. Responsibilities include prospecting, identifying, soliciting, negotiating, and securing sponsorships. Coordinates the pre-planning, preparation, submission and the close-out administration of various grants and letters of request. This position will collaborate with the Development team, working with and reporting to, the Director of Corporate Relations on all aspects of corporation, foundation, and other fundraising. The Development Associate will seek to form mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships with donors that can offer reach and revenue to Keystone Symposia. This position must be extremely well organized and detail-oriented, able to handle multiple projects, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Development Associate is an ambassador of Keystone Symposia and helps with creating, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with prospects and existing donors. The ideal candidate will be a collegial and entrepreneurial team player with the ability to engage, influence, and persuade others.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates the planning and preparation of grant proposals and funding
requests for one, or more departments.
• Prepares and compiles all components of all corporate grant submissions, ~36 grants, ensuring that the proposal is formatted and submitted in
accordance with each grant portal. Ensure all grants are closed-out and
analytics and data is shared in accordance with the award policies
• Collaborates with the Development team on corporate and foundation fundraising, including submission of letters of inquiry, sponsorship proposals, and funding reports for new and existing sponsors.
• Manages relationships with corporate partners to ensure benefits are
executed end to end and explore potential growth/up-sell opportunities.
• Responsible for developing and stewarding a portfolio of relationships
ranging from $1,500 to $25,000, to provide funding for our mission, including fulfillment, renewal, and continued growth of partners.
• Manages exhibitor participation, including prospect and prior donor
outreach, new donor onboarding, fulfillment of all promised benefits, and
creation of quality experiences for exhibitors through communication and on-site management.
• May occasionally accompany the Director of Corporate Relations and/or the CEO/CSO on select donor visits; may travel independently to meet with
existing and prospective donors and to manage exhibitors.
• Influences and drives strategy for best
fundraising practices in collaboration with the Development team.
• Demonstrates fundraising competence and desire for growth and
• Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in biological sciences is preferred and one to three years of similar, or
related experience is required. Should have strong communication, writing skills, and ability to anticipate, recognize, and solve problems. Proficiency in prioritizing tasks, thinking strategically, and using strong project and time management skills. Able to work independently with good judgment, as well as work with multiple departments on larger partnership initiatives and new business projects. Must remain alert to upcoming deadlines and finalize
proposals and accompanying materials in time to comfortably meet these deadlines. Must have commitment to quality, donor-oriented service. Must be outgoing, friendly, and personable; comfortable networking in a variety of
situations and meeting with and relating to new people. Ideal candidates will be flexible generalists with strong analytical skills and, a commitment to
relationship-based fundraising practices. Availability to occasionally work
outside of office hours and on weekends. Ability to read and write about
scientific and technological topics is a plus but not required.
The salary range starts at $53,800/year and the position is full-time
(40 hours per week), year-round with benefits.
Please submit resume to email@example.com