WiFi Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: May 30, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200250308
craft and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people's lives and deliver the best user-experience. The team works on the next generation of connectivity technologies on the iOS, MacOS, tvOS and the revolutionary AppleWatch. Are you passionate about WiFi, Networking, and Wireless Quality Engineering? Are you willing to automate and develop your automation skills? Do you want to delight & surprise users with magnificent user experiences? Do you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product? If so, then join the WiFi QA Team!
- Confirmed understanding of 802.11 WLAN/WiFi (a, b, g, n, ac, ax), Bluetooth standards (BT classic, BLE, BT4.0) and WiFi/BT Coexistence.
- Solid understanding and experience with Wireless LAN Security (WPA, WPA, WPA3, 802.1X Enterprise Security)
- Experience in WiFi and/or BT Functional testing, Performance testing, and Stability Testing.
- Writing test cases, test plans, and detailed documentation around well-defined functional areas.
- Execute defined test cases and find/report hardware, software, and platform issues.
- Utilize tools including wireless and Bluetooth packet sniffers and network protocol analyzers to help resolve root cause and provide debugging information to engineering teams.
- Knowledge and previous experience with Jenkins automation server helpful.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and comfortable working with multi-functional teams.
- Support development in debugging and reproducing issues.
- Can clearly communicate and drive multiple projects across many teams.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
- Ability to write automation and automate existing test cases to improve efficiency.
- Proficiency in Python and/or C/C++. Previous automation experience required.
You will join a dynamic quality engineering team responsible for Apple's latest products to ensure magnificent access using Wi-Fi technology that drive an outstanding user experience and delight our users.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience