JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN LINEWORKER
City of Barron
The City of Barron, Wisconsin is now accepting applications/resumes for one of more Apprentice/Journeyman Lineman to join our Light and Water Department team. The Light and Water Department is dedicated to our customers and performs a variety of tasks in the field. Our projects vary from small residential systems to large scale commercial projects.
Primary responsibilities consist of erecting, repairing and operating the City electrical distribution system facilities. Includes, but is not limited to working on energized lines, structures and equipment, providing service and performing line construction and maintenance of overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities.
- Must have a working knowledge of all phases of Distribution and Transmission Construction, Maintenance and Operating
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must exercise a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor
- Requires after-hour emergency callouts in possible inclement weather
- Must be capable of performing routine physical labor associated with line work
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, drug and alcohol screen
- Must have a current commercial driver’s license (CDL) and a good driving record
- Must work well in a team environment
We offer an attractive and comprehensive benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. Benefits include vacation at time of hire, medical and vision coverage (employer pays 87-90%), health care flexible spending account, employee and dependent life insurance coverage, disability insurance, and voluntary deferred compensation plan. Starting salary depends on qualifications.
Send resume to: Liz Jacobson, City of Barron, PO BOX 156, 1456 E Lasalle Ave Barron, WI 54812. Resumes will be accepted until 4:30 p.m., Friday, July 2nd, 2021 or until filled.
The City of Barron is an Equal Opportunity Empl