Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Financial Analyst - Revenue Recognition will report into the Revenue Recognition team and the role will be based out of Tallahassee, FL.
The Financial Analyst Revenue Recognition is responsible for providing relevant, accurate and timely revenue analysis in support of the Shared Services B2B leadership as well as our local business units. The Financial Analyst provides direct support that includes but is not limited to monthly and quarterly review of the GL reported revenue, the preparation of journal entries and variance analyses of reported revenue. The Financial Analyst also ensures adherence to internal controls and other compliance requirements, including review of proposed rate programs and contracts for alignment with company and industry standard policies, and multiple element analysis of proposed and reported revenue. The Financial Analyst is responsible for accurate and timely analytical reports, communication of financial performance to members of the leadership team and delivering strong customer service to both the Finance leadership and the business units.
Financial Analyst - Revenue Recognition's Responsibilities:
- Develops relationships and provides support to Finance leadership and staff at business units.
- Performs detailed reviews of actual results and investigates variances to expected results and provides explanations.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
Performs detailed reviews of proposed rate programs and contracts for compliance with company revenue recognition policies.
Completes detailed reviews of proposed and reported revenue for compliance with multiple element accounting policies.
Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications and coordinating information requirements.
- Works to identify areas for improvement, form solutions, and implement process improvements.
- Assists with the development and implementation of standardized analytical tools and reporting as well as ad hoc reporting.
- Works with other Revenue Recognition team members and leadership team on various projects as assigned.
- Financial analysis and compliance acumen
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Passion for results
- Customer/client orientation
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Support multiple customers/projects simultaneously
- Teamwork and team leadership
Business degree (BS or MBA) with 2+ years of financial analysis experience or comparable work experience
Demonstrated customer service
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a consolidated financial environment
- Big picture perspective and ability to manage vision but also the ability to perform the detailed assignments as needed
Knowledge of BPC a plus
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Finance & Accounting