Automation Tools Engineer / DevOps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200251352
The successful candidate will enjoy using technology to develop automated solutions and optimize outcomes, implementing continuous integration and deployment in a challenging and fast paced environment. As an Automation Engineer, you'll work collaboratively with other engineering team members to deploy software and maintain and operate our systems; assist in automating and streamlining our operations and processes; maintain tools for deployment, operations, and monitoring of key systems; troubleshoot and resolve issues in our non production environments; and maintain uptime for our sites, apps, and content.
- Experience designing and developing full stack web applications.
- Experience implementing distributed Java server applications using Spring, relational databases, NoSQL, caching, and load balancers.
- Experience developing front end applications using React,Typescript, Bootstrap, and mobx.
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, DynamoDb, API Gateway, CloudFormation, etc...).
- Strong Operational Experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages: Shell, Python.
- Enthusiasm for learning new programming languages and choosing the right tool for the job, whether it be Java, Golang, python, or even a bash script.
- Experience working with server clusters consisting of 100s-1000s of machines, and deploying changes with zero downtime
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand.
- Familiarity with Splunk for investigating or monitoring problems on systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Software Version Control systems: GIT, etc. (Git and GitHub/Gitlab knowledge is a plus).
- Knowledge of Java build systems and tools including: Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Continually improve CI/CD tools, processes and procedures.
- Experience with Java test frameworks such as JUnit.
- Experience with Nginx.
- Solid experience in trouble shooting, debugging, and performance measurement.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual.
Analyze the technology options/feasibility and define the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline for applications. Assist in implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline. Automate build & deployment processes. Work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best in class, large scale systems. Implement push button deployment at scale with zero downtime. Work on migration to Cloud platform. Manage and operate on non production environments and may manage/operate on production environments as well if needed Must have skills: Full stack distributed web development experience. Cloud certification and/or experience. Certified in the areas ITIL, CompTIA A+, LPIC, security is a plus. Proficiency in Ansible Proficiency in Unix/Linux management and troubleshooting. Good oral/written communication skills. Manage non production or production environments.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent.
- You will benefit from having knowledge of data modeling standard methodologies using Oracle and Cassandra databases. Equally valuable is experience in building low latency service APIs, and data aggregation pipelines. Experience with product catalog management a plus.