Audio Accessories Triage Engineer
Culver City , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200250559
Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video and graphics support in Apple's innovative products, including the HomePod, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV. IMG's Audio team provides the audio foundation for various high profile features like Spatial Audio, Siri, FaceTime and media capture and playback. As part of the accessories team, your focus would be on Beats audio products and the entire AirPods line, including AirPods Pro and AirPods Max.
- Experience analyzing and tracking technical issues
- Ideally, the experience would be from triaging customer issues
- Ideally, the experience would include contacting engineers for difficult issues, escalating when needed
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment coordinating across multiple teams
- Ability to prioritize issues and spotting new or emerging issues from customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Python scripting is a plus
As a triage engineer, you are the engineering and development teams' connection to both internal and external customers' experiences. When reports of unexpected behavior come in, it will be up to you to identify the possible causes and route it to the correct team or team member. This requires thorough analysis of the information provided and working closely with engineers and developers to understand different roles on the teams and possibly collecting additional data to assist them in fixing the underlying issues. These teams span a wide range of technical functions and cross-functional teams. You will need to maintain intense curiosity in understanding the different issues these teams address while maintaining focus on delivering excellent results in a timely manner, solving problems creatively when the need arises.
Education & Experience
BS in a technical field or equivalent experience.