Office Manager/Administrative Assistant – Office of Career Services
The VMI Office of Career Services is seeking candidates for a full-time Office Manager/Administrative Assistant position.
This position reports to the Director of Career Services and provides planning and coordination of business management, administrative, and support services for the office.
• Serve as the initial contact person for visitors and direct them to appropriate office resources.
• Coordinate on-Post employer recruitment program and related employer services.
• Provide web site maintenance and close support for office technology applications.
• Manage event planning logistics.
• Coordinate the career resources materials, both print and on-line.
• Provide overall coordination of the cadet assistant and work study employment programs.
• Assist with office assessment activities. Maintain on-line alumni mentor system.
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
• Experience in budget administration, including calculating and reconciling budgets.
• Extensive experience in organizing data and establishing and maintaining files in automated and paper formats.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research, prepare summaries of findings, and develop recommendations.
• Ability to compose and prepare correspondence and complete reports and forms.
• Ability to plan and schedule administrative support for programs and events.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and web page maintenance.
• College level coursework, especially in accounting and business, or equivalent applicable experience or training.
Candidates, please apply online at: Office Manager/Administrative Assistant - Office of Career Services Job Application
In addition to application, please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal education and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.