The City of Cedar Falls is accepting application materials from qualified candidates for the position of Land Surveyor.
Position requires the knowledge and abilities to conduct, supervise, assign, and review the City's land surveying activities & services of the Engineering division within the Public Works Department, provide highly responsible staff assistance to the City Engineer, and exercise supervision over technical staff.
Duties include, but aren’t limited to:
- Performing construction surveying for infrastructure improvement projects and land surveying for municipal projects, properties and interests
- Preparing topographic survey sketches
- Assembling accurate plats and legal descriptions for the acquisition, maintenance and disposal of city property and rights-of-way
- Conducting field surveys to design municipal construction plans
- Designing street and sewer grades
- Locating field evidence for determining existing property and utility lines and rights-of-way
- Operating and maintaining a full range of electronic survey and data collection equipment
- Monitoring and overseeing city survey programs, survey records and survey information
- Responding to and assisting the general public, engineers and contractors regarding survey related questions and complaints
- Maintaining a high level of proficiency in AutoCAD and other drafting software
- Position requires an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in engineering technology or a related field and 10 years of experience OR a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil/construction engineering or a related field and 4 years of experience as a Land Surveyor Intern.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within six months from hire, a State of Iowa Registered Land Surveyor Certificate, valid driver’s license, and good driving record are also required.
- Civil Service testing is required for candidates meeting the above minimum qualifications and that have submitted the required application materials outlined below. (Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be notified of testing information.)
- Post-offer, pre-employment physical and drug screen required upon selection.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Please click APPLY below to submit your resume and be considered today
Deadline for materials: 6-22-21 at 4:30 p.m.