$6,944 - $8,440/month; Paid bi-weekly
Deadline to Apply: 5:00 p.m. on 6/11/21.
THE POSITION: Under general direction of the Administrative Services Director, to plan, organize and manage the City’s financial management program, including investments of funds, accounting and revenue administration and independently performs a variety of administrative and analytical work that is involved in the analysis, preparation and implementation of the City’s annual budget.
DEFINITIONS: Under general direction of the Administrative Services Director, to plan, organize and manage the City’s financial management program, including investments of funds, accounting and revenue administration and independently performs a variety of administrative and analytical work that is involved in the analysis, preparation and implementation of the City’s annual budget.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Plans, organizes and supervises accounting, budgeting, auditing, utility billing, ambulance billing, payroll, purchasing, and finance functions
- Reviews, researches, analyzes and prepares the City’s annual budget, fund balance, financial and accounting reports for various purposes in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Coordinates the City’s budget preparation processes, including budget amendments, budget transfers, journal entries and staff reports
- Prepares worksheets, schedules and exhibits comprising all budget documents
- Participates in the City Council budget hearings and other meetings regarding the City’s revenue and expenditures
- Participates in the development of City-wide fiscal goals and objectives
- Manages implementation of accounting systems and procedures
- Prepares and recommends policies and procedures for investments
- Manages physical inventory of City properties and capital assets
- Supervises staff including training, development, hiring, terminations, performance issues and discipline
- Prepares and reviews performance evaluations
- Performs fund balance analysis on all funds
- Prepares technical reports of proposed projects and special studies
- Reviews and analyzes all fees and rates proposal by the departments
- Monitors Citywide departmental expenditure and revenue patterns
- Tracks various legislative changes that would impact City operations and corresponds with the legislature regarding these changes
- Reviews and interprets various State and Federal regulations relating to grant projects
- Administers grants and contracts
- Performs related work as required
QUALIFICATIONS: Five years of experience in financial management and/or budget preparation and analysis. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university majoring in accounting, public or business administration or a closely related field. Municipal experience is preferred. Possession of a valid and appropriate California Driver’s License issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
THE BENEFITS: Benefits include health, dental, and optical insurance for employee and dependents; PPO plan at a minimal cost for full family, EPO plan at no cost for full family; City paid universal life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance for employee; educational assistance; and annual Well-fitness incentives. Employees accrue sick leave at 13 days/year, 10 days/year vacation. The City observes 13 paid holidays/year (11 designated, 2 floating). The City is a member of the California State Employees Retirement System (PERS); 2% @ 55 formula for classic/legacy members; 2% @ 62 formula for new members (as defined by PEPRA). The City does not pay into Social Security.
THE SELECTION PROCESS: Applications and supporting material will be reviewed and evaluated; applicants who appear to be more qualified in terms of experience, education, and training will be invited to participate further in the process. The selection process may include written and practical examinations including written and verbal translation skills, oral board interview, department interview, background investigation, post-offer medical examination, drug screening, and any other testing that may be deemed necessary. All applicants will be advised on their status in the selection process. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Click “Apply” to be directed to our “Employment Opportunities” page for this position to submit your resume for consideration today. Phone number is also available on our website to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer