Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
Daytona Beach, FL
The primary role of the Delivery Manager is to administer company policy and manage an independent contractor carrier workforce. The Delivery Manager is also responsible for growing circulation volumes and revenue within the assigned district, while ensuring subscriber service and satisfaction levels are met or exceeded. This position works part of the time in an office or distribution center and majority of the time within the assigned newspaper district or distribution area.
The Delivery Manager may receive work assignments within many areas of the distribution function, which may include home delivery, single copy delivery, transportation, customer service, and re-delivery operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure the efficient distribution of products through specific assignments involving route restructuring, consolidation, splits, divisions, or other means, designed to maximize volumes while limiting expense exposure.
- Ensure goodwill between company and independent carrier force and ensure carrier compliance with contract terms, taking appropriate action, under the guidance of the Operations Manager, when contract terms are violated.
- Responsible for recruiting for carrier route vacancies, including whether and when to place advertisements in the newspaper or to use other methods for independent contractor recruitment.
- Responsible for upholding independent contractor performance standards for customer service, and to assure that all products are delivered by the proper time and in the proper condition as called for in the carrier contract.
- Responsible for ensuring that the TMC Verification Program is in place and quarterly audit goals for the assigned district are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for ensuring subscriber satisfaction with delivery of all products. Provide recommendations to supervisor for service improvements.
- Responsible for investigating and responding to concerns of independent contractor carriers regarding compensation or billing issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that a current contract with all required documentation is on file for all independent contractors in the assigned district.
- Responsible for promoting circulation growth in assigned territory by implementing subscription and retention programs as implemented periodically across circulation departments.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.