FHLBank Topeka’s products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
At an intermediate level of proficiency, this position is primarily responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling financial data to ensure accurate recording of the FHLBank’s transactions including preparing various journal entries and reconciling subsidiary ledgers and various accounts for general accounting operations, and accounts payable and cash disbursements. Provides secondary support, including reconciliations for the mortgage loan accounting and investment, debt and derivatives accounting areas. Requires a significant level of judgment and interpretation of FHLBank’s daily transactions, account coding and expense vs. capitalized process. Assists with research, maintenance and/or system testing of the Workday application.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or four-year degree plus equivalent work experience is required. CPA, CMA, or CIDA certificate and/or MBA or MAcc is preferred.
- At least three years of financial accounting experience is preferred either: (1) within the financial services industry, or (2) a public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories is required.
- Knowledge of complex investments, issued debt and derivatives is preferred.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan accounting is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office products and accounting software applications.
- Knowledge of appropriate internal controls.
- Efficient 10-key operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and operate all types of office equipment.
- Ability to work the number of hours required to meet the demands of this position.
- Must be able to work and travel independently.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more. To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank’s website at http://www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.