Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Raleigh - North Carolina
SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Systems Consultant is to lead the front-end of opportunities and/or projects within the Information Solutions business of the systems and solutions business.
- Have the ability to quickly learn and articulate the features and benefits of new products and solutions, and use this information in developing new customer opportunities for our business.
- Assist appropriate channels for business in contacting customers at appropriate management levels in the pursuit of systems and solutions business and maintaining present customers and customer base.
- Collaborates with sales, proposals, engineering and project Management team to establish a value proposition, competitive positioning, and pricing strategies to maximize revenue and gross margin dollars while minimizing risk based on scope identification of system requirements in RFQ documents.
- Have a good understanding of IT/OT industry specific applications particularly around information solutions, Analytics and MES.
- Handle all communications on quotations, specifications, orders and potential orders between SSB, Channel and Customer.
- Create and present solutions to customers at multiple levels.
- Responsible for taking an active role in paper preparations as well as presentations and appropriate committee or sub-committee work.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO9001, ISO14000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Uses creative and innovative approaches to deliver value to both customers and the company. Understands the RA product landscape, as well as emerging technologies, and educate resources on new and innovative business solutions for our customers.
- Displays dedication and concern toward completing work correctly, thoroughly and in an appropriately timely manner.
- Is very open with management and peers, and is conscious of keeping others up to date on status of work and developments with opportunities. #LI-MW2
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 30% plus regional travel required.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Prior experience in proposal development and direct customer relations
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or technology related
- Minimum of 8 years related experience in a customer-facing position, business development or sales role where you have direct sales facing interaction with customers and suppliers, specific to IT/OT.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience with marketing solutions, products, and/or services to customers
- Prior experience with Systems Architecture and requirements development
- Prior experience in IT and industrial automation
- Prior experience with Rockwell Automation products, solutions and services
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Exceptional technical and commercial experience
- Experience in sales and marketing or business development is advantageous
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).